Alumni Association Names Latest 40 Under 40 Honorees
OXFORD, Mississippi – The Ole Miss Alumni Association has unveiled its 40 Under 40 class for 2023. This program celebrates the personal, professional, and philanthropic achievements of successful University of Mississippi graduates under the age of 40.
Recipients will be honored with a ceremony that includes a cancerous tumor at Oxford-University Stadium on Friday (March 24) as part of Young Alumni Weekend when Ole Miss Baseball takes on Florida.
The 2023 young alumni group includes a Global Talent Casting Director for Vogue magazine, a Special Agent for Homeland Security Investigations, a Communications Director for Google’s COO, and an Engagement Coordinator for Nike.
“We are thrilled with this year’s 40-under-40 class and can’t wait to welcome them back to campus to recognize their accomplishments,” said Kirk Purdom (BA 93), CEO of Ole Miss Alumni Association. “These outstanding individuals exemplify leadership in their industries and communities, and I am pleased that we can showcase their accomplishments through this recognition program.”
Nominations for 40 under 40 were open from September through December and more than 450 nominations were received for this year’s class. Award winners must be active members of the alumni association, have made a significant impact in their industry or field, have a history of civic or professional achievement, strive to uphold core values of the UM faith, have earned a bachelor’s degree from university Have and show commitment to maintaining a lifelong relationship with the University and OMAA.
“With the program in its sophomore year, the Class of 2023 did not disappoint with young Ole Miss graduates with diverse careers in design, technology, healthcare, athletics and even reality television,” said Sunny Brown (BSFCS 09, MA 11). , Associate Director of Alumni Affairs who organized the awards.
“We will be honored to recognize this special group in March and allow our current students to connect with all they have to offer.”
Members of Class 2023 of 40-under-40s are:
• Tim Abram (BA 14), from Horn Lake, Director of Policy, Charter School Growth Fund
• Matthew Barker (BS 18) of Nashville, Tennessee, Vice President of Two Rivers Ford
• Aaron Barrett (BA 12), from Evansville, Indiana, rehab pitching coordinator, Philadelphia Phillies
• Paris Buchanan (BBA 11, MA 14) from Oxford, Athletics Assistant Director for Marketing/Fan Experience, UM Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
• Quintavius Burdette (BAccy 16, MACcy 17), from Senatobia, realtor, RE/MAX professional
• Taylor Carnes (BSGE 14, MS 20) from Nashville, Senior Data Analyst, The Obama Foundation
• Kate Carter (BBA 10), from Nashville, Creative Director, Global Group, Mojo Supermarket
• dr George Cibulas (BSPSC 09, PharmD 11), of Anchorage, Alaska, orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgeon, US Air Force
• Cody Clifton (BSPSC 13, PHMD 16), from Savannah, Georgia, Director of Practice Transformation and Clinical Programs, CPESN USA
• Shundral Cole (BA 05), of Hattiesburg, Assistant US Attorney, Department of Justice, US Attorney’s Office
• Andre Cotten (BA 10, JD 14) of Washington, DC, Assistant General Counsel, Navy Federal Credit Union
• Allona Cross (BPS 06), of Atlanta, Head of State/Authority and Executive Director, Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity, Office of the Governor
• Blake Dubinski (BBA 13, MBA 15) from Oxford, Co-Founder and CEO of GenTeal Apparel
• Amanda Fallon (BSPhSc08, PharmD 10), of Montgomery, Alabama, pharmacist, Adams Drugs
• Kelly Wynne Ferguson (BA 09) from Austin, Texas, Founder and CEO of Kelly Wynne LLC
• Martin Fisher (BA 11, MA 14, Ed.D 21), of Oxford, Associate Director of Admissions for Orientation and Campus Visits Programs, UM Admissions Office
• Ashley Glover (BSW 11) from Austin, Texas, social worker, Travis County Health and Human Services, and associate professor, Our Lady of the Lake University
• O’Keefe Graham (BBA 05), of Oxford, co-owner and co-agent, Nix-Tann & Associates
• Sederia Gray (BA 10), from Los Angeles, Communications Director for the COO, Devices and Services, Google
• Sydney Hedberg (BBA 15) from Asheville, North Carolina, Director, Marsh McLennan
• Craig Joe (BA 07), from Nashville, owner, Tennessee Cobbler Co.
• Hunter Kitchens (BSCVE 07) of Nashville, managing partner of Chapman Capital
• Brandon Lewis (BA 09) from Columbus, Ohio, F32 postdoctoral fellow at the National Institutes of Health, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
• Regan Looser (BAJ 13), from Flowood, Reality TV Producer, Freelance TV Producer
• Jay Lynch (BBA 06, MBA 22) from Oxford, Senior Territory Manager, Liberty Mutual Insurance
• Victoria Meadows (BAccy 11, MACcy 12) of North Palm Beach, Florida, principal and principal designer of Victoria Meadows Interiors
• dr Ryves Moore (BA 07, MD 13) from Oxford, Specialist in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Specialty Orthopedic Group
• Bobby Morgan (BA 09), from Jackson, Vice President of Public Affairs, Atmos Energy
• Horn Lake’s Ignacio Murillo (BAJ 14), Global Talent Casting Director, Vogue
• dr Ryan Perkins (BA 08) from Melrose, Massachusetts, Instructor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital
• Brandon Pharr (BBA 07) from Belmont, Senior Sales Manager, PepsiCo and owner of McWright Insurance Group
• Chris Presley (BA 12), from Dallas, Director, Early Career Development, Invesco
• Brittney Reese (BA 11) from Gulfport, coach at Gulfport High School
• Brandon Sherman (BBA 05, MBA 06) from Nashville, risk consulting and consulting partner, Frazier & Deeter
• Austin Sumrall (BS 10), from Biloxi, Executive Chef and Owner, White Pillars Restaurant
• Morgan Spencer (BA 13, MBA 15) from Portland, Oregon, Engagement Coordinator, Nike Inc.
• Jess Waltman (BAccy 13, JD 16), from Gulfport, attorney, Davis & Crump PC
• Lee Williams (BSCJ 18), from Lambert, Police Officer/Student Resource Officer, Oxford Police Department
• Jaklyn Wrigley (BA 08, JD 11) of Ocean Springs, Chief Legal Officer, Singing River Health System
• Jessica C. Zuppardo (BSCJ 07) of Metairie, Louisiana, Special Agent, Homeland Security Investigations