All Apple Watch models running watchOS 7 or later have a battery health feature called Optimized Battery Charging that extends the overall battery life of your Apple Watch by learning from your habits and waiting to fully charge your Require Apple Watch.
The Apple Watch Ultra can last up to 36 hours on a single charge – the longest battery life of any Apple Watch – and to extend the battery life even further, “Apple Watch Ultra” offers an even smarter optimization of the battery charge with the so-called Optimized Charge Limit.
When you set up your Apple Watch, Optimized Charge Limit is on by default and uses machine learning on the device to analyze your daily usage and determine when to charge to an optimized limit and when to allow a full charge. The feature changes dynamically based on how you use your Apple Watch Ultra. For example, based on usage patterns, your watch may be 100% charged some days and less on others.
When the optimized charge limit is active, an open charge ring appears when you connect your Apple Watch Ultra to the charger. It is possible to charge your watch beyond the optimized limit by following the steps below.
How to charge the Apple Watch Ultra beyond the optimized charging limit
- Make sure your Apple Watch Ultra is connected to the charger.
- Tap the watch screen to activate the loading screen, then tap the circle with the green or yellow loading icon.
- Beat Now fully charge.
How to turn off optimized loading limit
If you want your Apple Watch Ultra to be fully charged every time it charges, turn off optimized battery charging by following these simple steps.
- open that settings App on your Apple Watch Ultra.
- Scroll down and tap battery.
- Beat battery condition.
- Turn the switch next to off Optimized charge limit.
- Choose Shut down until tomorrow or Turn off.
Help optimize loading to identify locations
Optimized loading is designed to only activate in places where you spend most of your time, such as B. at home and at work. The feature will not activate if your usage habits are more variable, e.g. B. when travelling.
To help your Apple Watch Ultra detect situations when the optimized charge limit shouldn’t be used, enable the following location settings in the settings App on your Apple Watch Ultra:
- Privacy -> Location Services -> Location Services
- Privacy > Location Services > System Services > System Customization
- Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Major Locations > Major Locations
The location information for this feature stays on your watch and is not sent to Apple.