4 hours ago
Creepy creatures have never looked so good.
On Monday, Netflix gave a first look at the upcoming horror anthology series Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities, which will bring together some of the best minds in the genre.
READ MORE: Netflix releases new trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Pinocchio’
The series will premiere as a four-day event with two feature films released each night, all hosted by the Oscar-winning Pan’s Labyrinth director.
Each episode is helmed by a different acclaimed horror director, including The Babadook director Jennifer Kent, Splice director Vincenzo Natali and more.
“With ‘Cabinet of Curiosities’ we wanted to show the realities that exist outside of our normal world: the anomalies and curiosities. We handpicked and curated a panel of stories and storytellers to deliver those stories, whether they’re drawn from outer space, supernatural lore, or just inside our heads,” del Toro said. “Just in time for Halloween, each of these eight stories is a fantastic look into the cabinet of pleasures that exist beneath the reality we live in.”
The first look video highlights the detailed and terrifying hands-on creature effects that bring each story to life.
READ MORE: Guillermo del Toro says he’s spent the equivalent of 16 years working on “unrealized projects.”
Check out the full list of episodes below:
DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE
• Rupert Grint (Servant), Ismael Cruz Cordova (Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Undoing, Miss Bala), DJ Qualls (Turning Point, Supernatural), Nia Vardalos (Love, Victor, Station 19, My Big Fat Greek Marriage) and Tenika Davis (Jupiter’s Legacy, Titans) star in an episode written by Mika Watkins (Origin; Black Mirror; Troy: Fall of a City) (based on a short story by HP Lovecraft) and directed by Catherine Hardwicke ( Thirteen; Lords of Dogtown; Twilight)
• David Hewlett (SEE, The Shape of Water; Stargate: Atlantis) stars in an episode written (based on a short story by Henry Kuttner) and directed by Vincenzo Natali (In The Tall Grass; Splice; Cube; Hannibal). became.
• Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen; The Ballad of Buster Scruggs), Elpidia Carrillo (Predator; Bread & Roses; Euphoria), Demetrius Grosse (Fear The Walking Dead; Boon; Lovecraft Country) and Sebastian Roché (The Man in the High Castle; The Young Pope) in an episode of Regina Corrado (Deadwood; The Strain) (based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro); and directed by Guillermo Navarro (Godfather of Harlem; Narcos)
• Ben Barnes (Shadow and Bone; Westworld; The Punisher), Crispin Glover (Rivers Edge; Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland; American Gods; Back to the Future; Willard; Charlie’s Angels) and Oriana Leman (The Whale; The Detectives ) Star in an episode written by Lee Patterson (Curve; The Colony) (based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft) and directed by Keith Thomas (Firestarter; The Vigil)
• Academy Award winners F. Murray Abraham (Mythic Quest; Homeland; Amadeus), Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom; Fargo; The Wire) and Luke Roberts (Ransom; Black Sails) will star in an episode written by David S. Goyer (The Sandman; Dark City; The Dark Knight; Batman Begins) (based on a short story by Michael Shea) and directed by David Prior (The Empty Man; AM1200)
• Essie Davis (The Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead; Penguin Bloom) and Hannah Galway (Sex/Life) star in an episode written by Jennifer Kent (The Babadook) (based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro) and was staged ; The Nightingale)
• Kate Micucci (The Little Hours; Mom) and Martin Starr (Silicon Valley; Party Down) headline an episode written and directed by Haley Z. Boston (Brand New Cherry Flavor) (based on a short story by comic book author Emily Carroll). was written by Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night; Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon; The Bad Batch)
• Peter Weller (upcoming The Colosseum; Naked Lunch; Star Trek Into Darkness; Robocop), Eric André (The Eric Andre Show; The Righteous Gemstones), Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: The Secret Service; soon Rebel Moon), Charlyne Yi (Always Be My Maybe; Good Girls), Steve Agee (Peacemaker; The Suicide Squad), Michael Therrialt (Locke and Key; Cult of Chucky) and Saad Siddiqui (From Scratch; DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) star in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), who also co-writes with Aaron Stewart-Ahn.