How to age up infants to toddlers in The Sims 4
With the latest update and expansion pack The sims 4 growing together, we now have the childhood phase of life in play. You may be wondering what is different about the infant life stage and how infants are allowed to age The Sims 4.
We are here to tell you the steps you need to do to make your babies toddlers in the game.
- If you want more Sim kids but don’t want to wait for the three-day pregnancy, check out our guide to all Sims 4 pregnancy cheats and start having a baby right away.
How to age infants into toddlers in The Sims 4
Toddlers function like any other life stage in the game. Currently, babies are the only life stage that can be “aged” by clicking on them.
If you want to age your child, you must first bake him a birthday cake. To do this, click on a fridge or stove in your kitchen and select the option to “cook” a dish. Choose a cake from the available choices, this can be any cake, even a plain white cake.
Although it might not make sense, the cake options fall under the “cooking” rather than “baking” options.
Now that you’ve baked a cake, make sure you place birthday candles on it right away before Sims have a chance to grab a slice. Once a piece of the pie has been taken you can’t add the candles and age the sim, you have to make a new one.
To add the candles and fulfill the age, follow these steps:
- Click on the cake.
- Select “Add Birthday Candles” for 10 Simoleons.
- Select the cake again.
- Select “More choice”
- Now select “Help blow out candles…”
- This will bring up a list of Sims in the household who are eligible and of the right age to help.
- Select the child you want to age.
- Your Sim will pick them up, carry them to the cake and help them blow out the candles.
- Your child will now age like any other Sim.
How to age toddlers with cheats in The Sims 4
If you’d rather avoid baking disasters, you can use cheats to age your kids.
To do this, bring up the cheat command box by pressing:
- For PC users – CTRL + SHIFT + C
- For Mac users – Command + Shift + C
- For console gamers – press all four triggers.
When the box appears in the top left corner, type the following to enable cheats in your game:
Then enter this cheat:
Now hold Shift and click on a Sim in your household. Then select the “Change to CAS” option.
This will take you to the full version of CAS where you can set your Sim’s age (this doesn’t work for babies as they are technically classified as objects, but should work for toddlers).