Instead of taking a paper quiz, you can use Google Classroom to create and take an online quiz for students. The app allows you to add or edit questions, set a due date and time, schedule the quiz for later, add attachments, assign the quiz to students, and more.
Best of all, students are automatically graded once you enter the solution key. But how do you create a quiz for students in Google Classroom? In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to create a quiz in Google Classroom, covering everything you need to know about the app.
How to create a quiz in Google Classroom
Google Classroom is quite easy to use and only requires a few steps to create a quiz. That’s how it’s done:
- First go to Google Classroom.
- Click the above classwork Tab.
- From there, click on the blue Create press and select quiz task from the drop down menu.
- Enter your quiz in the new window title and enter optional instructions for your students.
Now you have created a quiz; however, it contains no questions. So before you click Assignyou must add questions to your quiz or it will be assigned to your students with no questions asked.
How to add questions to your quiz in Google Classroom
You can add questions to your quiz from scratch, duplicate them, and import them from another form. Here’s how:
- click Blank quiz in the same window to open a Google forms Tab.
- If you want to change the title of the Google form, rename the field “Blank Quiz”. You can also enter a form description.
- Click on Untitled questionand rename it to your first question.
- press the Add Character (+) Button next to the first question to add more questions. Alternatively, you can click the Duplicate button on the first question to make a copy. This way you don’t have to edit the settings for each question.
- If you want to import questions from another form, click import questions button below the Add Character (+) Button.
It’s not enough to just add questions to the form; You must select the type of answer required for these questions, e.g. B. Multiple choice and essay answers.
How to edit questions on your quiz in Google Classroom
After adding the questions to your quiz, you can edit them to your liking. Here’s how to edit your Google Classroom quiz questions. First you need to edit the response type. In order to do this:
- press the multiple selection pop-up menu and select Short answerand your students can enter a short answer text in response to the question.
You can also choose multiple selection, check boxor drop-down list.
- For example, after selecting an answer type, multiple selection, click option 1 to name and click the first option add option to add more.
- To format the question, select one of the formatting options below the question text box. You can bold, italic, underline and link a question.
- If you want to add an image to the question, click picture Icon between the question text box and the answer type pop-up menu. From there you can add the image by uploading it from your computer or mobile gallery.
- You can also enter the correct answer to automatically grade your students. press the Solution key click and select the correct answer. You can also use the reply option to provide feedback to your students. After that, click Finished.
- If you want to make the question mandatory, toggle it Necessary Possibility.
- For further adjustments, click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the question box. From there you can choose whether you want to view it description, response validation, and many more depending on the answer type. You can also select the Shuffle option order for multiple selection, checkbox and dropdown.
If you want to make adjustments after editing the questions, click settings Tab and you’ll find all of the Google Forms settings you can change. For example, you can choose whether grades should be released immediately after each submission or later after manual review.
Once all questions have been added, you can go back after closing the quiz tab Google forms Tab.
How to customize your quiz settings in Google Classroom
There are many things you can do to get the most out of Google Classroom, along with adjusting your quiz settings. To add an attachment to the quiz, you can either add it via journey, youtubeor shortcut. In addition, you can also create a new file or upload it from the computer.
In the right sidebar, select below the classroom and students for the quiz To the Section. Enter the total below Points for the quiz. In addition, you can also a due date and choose a theme.
If you want to add instructions, click the appropriate button category Button. From there you can Create rubric, reuse rubricand Import from spreadsheets.
How to schedule a quiz in Google Classroom
After you’ve created and customized your quiz, you can schedule it to be assigned automatically. Just click the arrow button next to Assign and select Schedule from the drop down menu.
In which plan tasks In the pop-up window, select the date and time you want the quiz to be assigned and click Schedule.
You can also save a draft quiz from the same drop-down menu. To assign the quiz immediately, click Assign, and it will be published for students in Google Classroom.
Google Classroom makes creating quizzes easier
Google Classroom is one of the most popular learning management systems. Not only can you use it to share documents and lectures, but you can also create, customize, and schedule quizzes. The customization options are so extensive that you can easily create a quiz to your liking.
However, Google Classroom is not the only LMS (Learning Management System) on the market. In fact, the competition is so fierce that each application tries to fit in as many features as possible. So, before you decide to use Google Classroom for your classes, there are a few alternatives you should consider.