Splatoon 3 is here to usher in a brand new era of ink-based shooter action. The series is conceptually unique even within its own genre, which has to do with the focus on arena control of multiplayer matches. But what was most appealing was the artistic side of things.
Inspired by fashion, rebel culture and hip-hop, all of which are reflected in the vibrant worlds in which the game takes place, as well as the stylish inhabitants of that world.
This also resulted in artistic possibilities for the players – and this has also carried over to the latest part. How to use the Art Posts feature in Splatoon 3.
Unleash your imagination with Splatoon 3’s Art Posts
To begin, players must have created their character and completed the tutorial. This is because the place to create these posts is available in the Splatsville hub world, which is unlocked after the above requirements are met.
Once in the busy hub, there is one more step before players can start doodling; You must choose a Splatfest team. Splatfests are recurring in-game events where players choose a team to belong to and compete in online matches for victory.
There are currently three choices in Splatoon 3: Rock, Paper, Scissors. Once you’ve selected the team of your choice, locate a red mailbox. When you interact with it, a warning box will appear that reads:
“In this mailbox you can create drawings and post them on social media. Your drawings may be viewable by other players, so please do not post personal information or inappropriate content. These drawings can be displayed as signs or graffiti in Splatsville.”
This is followed by the Post option, which takes players to a new window where they can start drawing whatever they want. There is an additional one-time popup that describes the drawing controls. They are as follows:
- A button – pen: You can write or draw with the pen. The pen is available in three different strengths.
- B button – Eraser: You can use the eraser to erase things you have written or drawn. The eraser is available in three different sizes.
- L/R Buttons – Resize: This allows you to resize the pen and eraser.
- L3 button – Clear all: Press here to delete everything
- ZL Key – Undo: Undo your last action
- ZR Button – Repeat: Redo an action that you’ve undone
- X Button – Zoom: Zoom in on the area where you want to draw. Press this button again to zoom back out
- Y Button – Toggle Horizontal/Vertical: Draw a vertical drawing. Press again to return to horizontal.
- R Stick – Move: When zooming in or vertical, you can move the area displayed on the screen
- Plus Button (+) Post: Post your creation to a linked Twitter or Facebook account to share with others
- Minus (-) button – save & exit: Save your drawing and return to the hub world.
Splatoon 3 is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch hybrid console.