The Nether Dimension in Minecraft is easily one of the scariest areas in the game. It is home to some of the most hostile mobs and deadly locations. But this dimension is also home to the Nether Fortress, which offers one of the best loot spawns in Minecraft. It can be the biggest upgrade for your gear and your skills. With that, it’s time to learn how to find the Nether Fortress in Minecraft and conquer it to get some amazing resources. From mob hunting to spawning mechanics, there’s plenty to do. So without further ado, let’s dive in!
How to Find the Nether Fortress in Minecraft (2022)
We’ll cover the Nether Fortress features first, followed by their spawn locations. Use the table below to jump straight to the methods you can use to find it and collect loot easily.
What is a nether fortress in Minecraft?
The Nether Fortress in Minecraft is a naturally generated structure consisting of bridges, corridors, towers and small forts. As the name suggests, the Stronghold only spawns in the Nether dimension and is made of Nether stones.
It has several exclusive features not found in any other game structure. Some of them are:
- Blaze mob spawners and blazes will only spawn in the Nether Fortress
- Blocks such as netherbrick stairs, netherbrick fences, and netherbrick are generated naturally in the structure of the keep.
- Nether Wart Gardens are only limited to Nether Fortresses and Bastion Remnants.
- Wither skeletons, which are very dangerous mobs, only spawn in the Nether Keeps.
Structures inside a Nether Fortress
The Nether Fortress is not always generated as a complete structure. Sometimes you might only discover parts of the fortress. They include:
- lava fountain room
- Corridors with chests
- Staircase with nether wart gardens
- Walkway with Blaze spawners
How to find the Nether Fortress in Minecraft
There are a variety of ways to find a Nether Fortress in Minecraft, ranging from commands to natural in-game clues. We’ll go through each of them separately in detail, but here’s a quick overview:
- Commands: Use the /locate command.
- Seed analyzer: Find all Nether Fortresses for each minecraft seed
- Natural Search: Explore the nether dimension and find the fortress in common places
Orders to find the Nether Fortress
You can use the… Find command. to find the coordinates of the nearest Nether Fortress in your Minecraft world. However, many players avoid it because it is seen as cheating. However, if that doesn’t bother you, follow these usage commands to find a Nether Fortress in Minecraft:
1. First you must Enable cheats in Minecraft to use commands. To do this, switch theEnable cheatsoption in the Bedrock Edition world settings. In the Java edition, it appears in the LAN options in the pause menu.
2. After that, create a Nether portal in Minecraft and travel to the Nether dimension. The effects of some commands, including the Find command, change with dimensions.
3. Once in the Nether, open your chat and enter the following command in Minecraft:
/Locate Structure Fortress (Minecraft 1.19+)
/Locate Fortress (Minecraft 1.11 to 1.18)
4. When the command is executed, the game will show you the Coordinates of the nearest Nether Fortress. You can then teleport in Minecraft to reach those coordinates, or travel to the location manually.
Using Seed Analyzer
Thanks to Minecraft’s massive community, there are various tools that players can use to get the most out of it. One such tool is called the Minecraft Seed Analyzer, which allows you to plug in any Minecraft seed and find out the location of key structures. How to use it to find a Nether Fortress:
1. First you must Know your seed code. When creating a new world, use one of the best Minecraft seeds from our dedicated guide. Otherwise, you can use the /seed command to check your world’s seed code.
2. Then go to Chunkbase’s Seed Analyzer website and enter yours Seed code in the “Seed” column.. Make sure your game edition and version are correct. Then set the “Dimension” as Nether.
3. After entering the seed, scroll down to the map of Nether for that seed. Here are all the places marked with Blaze’s face icon reflect a nether fortress. Click on one to find its coordinates.
Once you have the coordinates, visit the Nether Fortress in Minecraft using this seed when creating a world. But efficient as it is, if you want an intended survival experience, this method is far from it.
Tips for finding the Nether Fortress
Leaving the cheats and third-party apps aside, now let’s go through tips and hints to easily find the nether fortress in survival mode:
- The strongholds are generated in all biomes of Minecraft’s Nether dimension. But most of the time they are located next to the lava ocean.
- Minecraft divides the Nether into different regions. Some of them spawn bastions while others spawn fortresses. So avoid looking in regions with a bastion.
- You can increase your render distance in the video settings to see the fortress from a greater distance. However, it can cause your game to lag or stutter.
- Blazes and Wither skeletons only spawn in the Nether Keeps. If you find them, you can also find the nearest Nether Fortress.
- Finally, because of the hostile mobs in the area, you should carry the best Minecraft potions to help you survive.
How to loot and conquer the fortress
Now that you know how to find the Stronghold, let’s take a look at what it spawns and how you can loot it. Aside from the mobs that drop valuable items, the stronghold is filled with rare loot chests. These chests can spawn with the following items (at a random spawn rate):
- gold bar
- iron ingot
- nether wart
- flint and steel
- obsidian blocks
- Iron Horse Armor
- Golden Horse Armor
- Diamond horse armor
- Golden Sword
- Golden Breastplate
As for the mobs that are unique to this location, Blazes drop Flame Rods, which are used to power Brewing Stands in Minecraft and create Eyes of Ender. Meanwhile, wither skeletons drop skulls that you can use to spawn the wither in Minecraft.
Items you need to survive in Nether Fortress
In order to take over a nether fortress and survive in that location, you must first prepare yourself to defeat the powerful mobs of the nether. For this, make sure you have the following items:
Steps to safely explore and defeat the fortress
With your gear, follow these steps to conquer the Nether Fortress in Minecraft:
1. Try first Kill all wither skeletons that spawn at the edge of the fortress. It will be difficult to take them all at once, so it’s best to use a shield and kill one mob at a time.
2. After killing the Wither Skeletons, place some light blocks in each area to prevent more of them from spawning.
3. Then, when you notice a blaze, you know there must be a blaze spawner nearby. Find the Blaze spawner and place several blocks of light around it. Alternatively, you can also destroy the spawner.
4. Sometimes you might notice it too zombified piglins in the fortress. But it’s best not to interact with them as they are not hostile until provoked.
5. With these simple steps you can fend off the enemy mobs in Nether Fortress and collect all the amazing loots in this location.
frequently asked Questions
How Rare is a Minecraft Nether Fortress?
Due to the dangers and hard-to-see environment of the Nether, the Nether Fortress can be difficult to find. But since they appear every 200-400 blocks, they are not that rare.
Do all nethers have a stronghold?
All Minecraft seeds and Nether biomes can spawn a Stronghold.
Can the Nether Fortress spawn in Overworld?
Of course, the fortress only spawns in the Nether dimension. But you can use the space command in Minecraft to spawn it in the overworld as well.
How many keeps are there in the Nether?
There are an indefinite number of keeps in the Nether. You can find them every 200 to 400 blocks.
What’s the quickest way to find a Nether Fortress?
When not using a command, it’s best to travel in one direction to reach a Nether Fortress.
Explore the Nether Fortress in Minecraft
With that, you are now ready to find, conquer, and take over a Nether Fortress in Minecraft. But before you jump in, make sure you’re well-equipped with the best Minecraft enchantments on your gear. Alternatively, you can also create a free Minecraft server and invite your friends to help you. Regardless of how you conquer them, what do you plan to use the Nether Fortress for? Tell us in the comments below!