Have you ever spent time creating a Facebook post, decided to hold off on posting, and then didn’t find the draft you thought you saved? Finding drafts of your posts on Facebook isn’t easy, but we’re here to help.
We’ll explain how Facebook drafts work, where to find them, and how to post a saved draft when you’re ready.
About Facebook drafts
There’s a difference between drafts you save for a Facebook business Page and for your personal Facebook profile.
As of this writing, you can only find all saved drafts for a Facebook Page. You can then edit, publish, or delete a draft. We explain how to do this below.
For your personal Facebook profile, you’ll likely see an option to save a post as a draft if you don’t publish it right away. However, there is no central place to hold these designs like there is for a Facebook page.
With that in mind, let’s start with how to find Facebook personal profile designs.
Find Facebook designs for your personal profile
If you create and close a post before publishing it, you should see an option to save the draft, as shown below.
To return to this draft, simply reopen Facebook and select the What are you up to check box in your News Feed, where you usually start composing the post. You’ll see that “draft” you saved in the box, waiting to be shared. To publish it, tap post.
This works the same way whether you’re using Facebook on the web or the mobile app, but there are a few caveats to this design process.
- When you save a Facebook draft on one device, it won’t sync to the app on your other devices or across the web. Below is a saved draft on the web and another saved in the Facebook app on iPhone.
- The draft you save only lasts until you create a new post. That means if you see the draft and edit it or restart it, the original draft you saved is lost forever.
- As mentioned earlier, there is no central location for personal Facebook drafts. If you save a draft but want to publish another post in the meantime, this is currently not possible.
Find Facebook designs for a page on the web
Drafts you save to a Facebook Page that you manage work very differently. You have one central place with all your drafts, no matter how many you have. You can then publish, edit, or remove saved drafts.
note: This does not include Group Pages, only Facebook Business Pages.
To find your designs, go to your Facebook page.
- From the main Facebook screen, select pages on the left.
- Select the side if you have more than one.
- You will then be taken to the Meta Business Suite and should see your page front and center. On the left, expand the Meta Business Suite section and select Publishing Tools.
- Select at the top of the subsequent screen drafts. You will then see a list of all the drafts you have saved.
Alternatively, you can go directly to the Meta Business Suite site.
- Select your site in the top left if you have more than one.
- You may see a section for on your page memories with a list of your currently saved ones design posts. Here you can select a draft to work on. If you don’t see this section, continue to the next step.
- Choose Posts & Stories on the left.
- Choose the drafts tab at the top of the next page. You will then see your list of saved drafts.
Review and edit a draft
To review and change a draft, select it to open it. Make your changes in the text box in the left column. You can preview the post on the far right.
When you’re done, do one of the following:
- Choose Save on computer to keep the changes you make to the draft.
- Use the Arrow next to the Save button and select Publish now or plan post.
- Choose Cancel to discard your changes.
Publish, schedule, or delete a draft
To quickly publish, schedule, or delete a draft without reviewing it, hover over the draft in the list and select three points. Then select one of the options.
Create a new draft
You can also create a new post at this point on the web and save it as a draft. Choose create post in the upper right corner.
Write your post on the left and add a photo or video if you wish. When you’re done, select Save as draft and then select Save on computer.
Find Facebook drafts for a page in the mobile app
If you prefer to manage your Facebook page designs on your mobile device, you can do it in the Meta Business Suite app.
Open the app and select the posts Tab. Tap on the top left Released drop down box and select drafts. You will then see a list of all the draft posts you have saved.
To review and edit a draft, select it. Make your changes and tap Next. You can then choose Publish now, Plan for lateror Save as draft. Beat Save on computer.
To quickly publish, schedule, or delete a draft, tap three points right and select an option.
To create and save a new draft, tap plus sign down and choose post or select Create above. Write your post and add any other elements you like. Choose Save as draft and then tap Save as draft above.
If you don’t have the Meta Business Suite app, you can download it for free on Android and iOS to manage your Facebook Page and schedule posts on your connected Instagram account.
Will you use your Facebook designs?
While it would be nice for Facebook to save multiple draft posts for personal accounts, at least you can view, edit, and share your last saved post. You can create many designs for Facebook Pages and publish or schedule them as you wish.
Now that you know how to find drafts on Facebook, let’s see how to turn off comments on a post or pin a post on Facebook.