When you’re shelling out the money for an expensive TV that supports Ultra HD and HDR content, you want to make sure you’re actually watching 4K content. So why spend so much, right?
Well, Disney+ has a lot of 4K content that you can enjoy, movies that you can enjoy alone or with your kids.
What is the difference between 4K and HDR?
First of all, we have to mention that you won’t find the “4K” category on Disney+, but “Ultra HD”. That’s because the two terms are interchangeable. Sometimes you’ll also see “4K Ultra HD,” which is the same thing when you buy a TV, monitor, or projector. But what differentiates HDR from UHD?
HDR stands for HD Ready, which means that 720p (1280 x 720) resolution is the minimum video quality you will see. Most modern TVs these days are at least Full HD, which means the screen resolution is 1080p (1920×1080).
Ultra HD or 4K means the screen has a horizontal resolution of around 4000 pixels. Most 4K displays have a resolution of 3840 x 2160p, which is four times the pixel count of Full HD displays.
Now that we’re done with the numbers, let’s get straight to the point – 4K content allows you to see a lot more detail, sharper and clearer.
What do you need to watch UHD and HDR content on Disney+?
You’ll need the right gear if you want to access Disney+’s UHD and HDR content. That means you need a 4K TV, a 4K streaming device, and a super-fast internet connection.
While Disney+ doesn’t specify what bandwidth is required for 4K content, other streaming services require at least 25 Mbps. We recommend using a free website to run an internet speed test to make sure you have what it takes to stream such quality content.
How to find Ultra HD and HDR content on Disney+ (mobile)
If you want to watch 4K content on Disney+, you can definitely do so as long as your device supports such high-quality content.
Let’s see how to find the Ultra HD and HDR content on the Disney+ mobile app.
- Launch the Disney+ app on your device and select your profile.
- Tap the search button on the bottom bar.
- Choose movies from the options available at the top.
- On the Movies page, tap the drop-down menu below it highlighted.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list where you will find Ultra HD and HDR.
- All you have to do is choose what you want to watch next.
How to Find Ultra HD and HDR Content on Disney+ (Desktop)
Ultra HD and HDR content is also available through the Disney+ website when you load it into your browser. Let’s see how you come up with that.
- Load Disney+ into your browser. Sign in to your account and select your profile.
- Tap on movies in the upper band.
- Near the “Movies” heading, you’ll find a drop-down menu. Click on it and select Ultra HD and HDR.
- When the results appear, choose your favorite and start watching.
How to find Ultra HD and HDR content on Disney+ (TV)
Since most of us watch Disney+ on our TVs, it’s only natural that we look at how we can enjoy 4K content on it. Let’s see where you can find all this.
- Turn on your TV and launch Disney+.
- Choose your profile and enter the PIN code if you have one set up.
- Go to the menu on the left and select movies.
- Make sure to scroll through the movie categories and hold to move right. Select at the very end of the list Ultra HD and HDR.
- Select a movie or documentary and start playing.
Watch all 4K content from Disney+
Now that you know how to find quality 4K Disney+ content, you can enjoy the best movies Disney, Marvel and National Geographic have to offer.