Google Calendar sharing options allow you to share your calendars with specific people or the public. You can also set sharing permissions so people can only do what you allow. We’ll show you how to do that from your desktop as the mobile app doesn’t allow sharing.
To share a calendar, you must be the creator of that calendar or have “Make changes and manage sharing” permissions for that calendar. You can then generate a shareable link that other people can use to access your calendar and the events in it.
Keep in mind that if you share your calendar with specific people, they will need a Gmail account to view your events. On the other hand, if you share your calendar with the public, they don’t have to have Google Calendar.
TIED TOGETHER: How to create and customize a new Google calendar
Share a Google calendar with specific people
To share your calendar with selected people, first launch a web browser on your computer and open Google Calendar. Sign in to your account on the website if you haven’t already.
After logging in, find the calendar you want to share in the My Calendars section on the left. Hover over this calendar, click on the three dots and select “Settings and Sharing”.
On the settings page, scroll down to the “Share with specific people” section. From here, click the Add People button.
In the “Share with specific people” box, click the “Add email or name” box and enter the email address of the person you want to share your calendar with. Feel free to add as many people as you like.
Then choose what your added people can do with your calendar by clicking the Permissions dropdown menu and selecting an option. Your options are:
- Show free/busy only (hide details): This allows others to see only your free and busy times; Your event names and their details will not be shared.
- View all event details: This allows users to view your non-private events and subscribe to email notifications for event creations and changes.
- Make changes to events: Select to allow people to create, edit, view, delete, and restore your private and non-private events. Users can also subscribe to event updates.
- Make changes and manage sharing: If you select this option, users can add, edit, remove, and restore both private and non-private events. You can also share your calendar with other people and even delete the entire calendar.
After selecting an option, click Send to send your calendar invitation.
Your recipients will receive an email with a link to access your calendar. Once they click the “Add this calendar” link, they can access your calendar and the events in it.
If you later want to deny people access to your calendar, open the calendar settings page and select “X” next to someone’s name.
Here’s how to allow specific people to check your schedule!
TIED TOGETHER: How to cancel a Google Calendar event
Allow everyone access to your Google calendar
To help anyone on the web find and access your calendar, follow these steps to make your calendar publicly available.
First, open your favorite web browser and launch Google Calendar. Sign in to your account on the website if you haven’t already.
After logging in, find the calendar you want to share in the My Calendars section on the left. Then hover over this calendar, click on the three dots and select “Settings and Sharing”.
On the Settings page, scroll down to the Event Access Permissions section. Activate the option “Make publicly available” here.
Tip: To later prevent the public from viewing your calendar, turn off the Make Publicly Available option.
At the “Warning” prompt, choose “OK”.
Now select the permission level for your calendar. To do this, click the drop-down menu next to Make Public and select an option:
- Show free/busy only (hide details): Select this permission so the public can only see your free and busy times and not your appointment names or their details.
- View all event details: This option allows the public to see all your events and their details on your calendar.
Google Calendar automatically saves your changes so you don’t have to do anything.
Now, to get a link for your calendar so everyone can see your events, scroll down to the Integrate Calendar section on the same page. Here you will see your calendar’s shareable link in the “Public URL to this calendar” field.
You can share this link with anyone who needs it so they can access your schedule.
And this is how you let certain people or the world know what your schedule looks like. Very convenient!
Do you only want to invite people to Google Calendar on specific dates? If so, is there a way to do it.
TIED TOGETHER: How to send a Google Calendar invite