If you know how to transfer your Google contacts to iPhone, you don’t have to scribble numbers on pen and paper like you used to. Knowing that anyone you want to keep in touch with can be transferred in moments can be really comforting, especially for someone as popular as you are!
Transferring contacts from Google to iPhone is really easy and integrated with iOS accounts feature. The ability to do this natively is just another of the small UI touches that make the iPhone one of the best phones available.
Once you’ve transferred your Google contacts to your iPhone, you can relax knowing the boring legwork is out of the way and try out some of the more fun iOS has to offer, like: how to cast harry potter spells with siri.
Whether you just switched from Android or have a new work phone, here’s how to transfer your Google contacts to iPhone:
- Open Settings and tap Contacts
- Tap Accounts and then tap Add Account
- Select Google
- Sign in to your Google account
- Tap the Contacts switch
- Open the iOS Contacts app
Read on for detailed instructions for each step.
1. First Open the Settings tab and then Tap Contacts.
2. If you haven’t already added your Google account to your iPhone, your only option is to beat Add account. If you already have one connected, beat accounts instead of this.
3. Tap Add Account and then choose Google.
4. Sign in to your Google account via the on-screen form.
5. You will be presented with a list of things to transfer, Tap Contacts (and anything else you want to transfer, like messages) until the switch turns green.
6. To finish syncing your contacts, go back to home screen and Tap Contacts. Your contacts should start syncing – this may take a few minutes.
And just like that, done! Now they’re in your iPhone, why not give someone a call and invite them over to dinner to celebrate? Seriously, if you have contacts stored in another profile (e.g. a work email address), you can add multiple accounts through the same process. Don’t worry if there is an overlap, you just need to know How to Quickly Delete Duplicate Contacts in iOS 16.
If you want to transfer your apps from an Android device straight to your iPhone, check this out How to transfer contacts and data from Android to iPhone. If you just got the latest iPhone, you must know how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone.