Applying sunscreen can reduce tanning and further darkening
Hyperpigmentation can be a major skin problem for both men and women. We’re not just talking about the face and limbs. Hyperpigmentation can occur in both exposed areas of skin and less exposed areas. It can also appear in the buttocks region. If you fret about having a dark butt, chances are you are facing a case of hyperpigmentation. However, there is no need to worry. dermatologist dr Jaishree Sharad explains how to treat this condition. If you want to get rid of dark butts and get clear skin, follow her tips.
1. Identify and treat the cause. Have acne, fungal infections, folliculitis, skin conditions such as lichen planus treated.
2. Avoid friction.
3. Frequent waxing and shaving can also lead to darkening of the area.
4. Opt for laser hair removal.
5. Keep the area dry.
6. Dry yourself completely after showering. Use an anti-fungal powder like Abzorb or Candid etc.
7. Do not wear tight clothing, especially tight jeans
8. Use skin lightening creams that do not contain steroids and hydroquinone. So creams with vitamin C, alpha, butyne, kojic acid, etc. help. But don’t start using anything without a dermatologist’s prescription.
9. Chemical peels help butt whitening.
Watch the video here:
dermatologist dr Jaishree Sharad also talks about the problem of dark spots on butt. If you see this problem in your body, you may want to treat it. But before treating, you need to understand the causes of this problem. These include acne, folliculitis, friction (including tight clothing and frequent hair removal), post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, fungal infection, or any other infection or skin condition. However, always consult your dermatologist to treat the skin problem.
Here is the post:
If you are dealing with tanning issues on your hands and legs, Dr. Jaishree Sharad some tips to handle that too. Here are some points she recommends.
1. Apply a teaspoon of sunscreen to each arm and leg, whether you are indoors or outdoors, to prevent another tan.
2. At night, use a cream with AHA and skin lightening ingredients like vitamin C, licorice, alpha arbutin, mulberry, kojic acid, etc.
3. Apply a mixture of yogurt, chickpea flour (besan) and honey to arms and legs. Yogurt contains lactic acid, moisturizes and brightens the skin. Besan and honey help cleanse the skin. 4. Take oral supplements containing vitamin C and glutathione.
5. Chemical peels and de-tan procedures in clinics are also possible.
Here is the post:
Follow these tips for a clean butt, hands and legs.
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides general information only. It in no way replaces a qualified medical report. Always consult a specialist or your GP for more information. NDTV takes no responsibility for this information.