How to Use ChatGPT Rival “Claude” Right Now (Guide)
Numerous sites like ChatGPT aim to provide the smartest AI experience, but in reality not many come close to the experience of OpenAI’s ChatGPT. Google recently released their chatbot Bard AI, but in our in-depth ChatGPT vs Bard comparison, we found Bard AI to be quite disappointing. Well, if you stay up to date with AI news, Anthropic is another company being touted as one of the potential OpenAI competitors. The Google-backed company has released Claude, an AI chatbot that’s less likely to produce malicious content. So, in this article, we bring you a tutorial on how to try ChatGPT rival Claude right now. You can use Claude with no message limit.
ChatGPT Competitor: Use Anthropic Claude Now (2023)
Currently, you can use Anthropic’s Claude through Slack or another site we’ve listed below. We have mentioned both methods and detailed instructions on how to access the chatbot. With that in mind, let’s begin.
Use Anthropic’s Claude AI chatbot with Slack
Anthropic released Claude on Slack as part of its beta program. Although it is aimed at organizations, any person can use it to ask questions from any area. Organizations can ask Claude to do this Summarize Slack threads, create bulleted reports based on channel conversations, brainstorm ideas and more. Aside from that, just like ChatGPT, you can also ask any general question, from physics to poetry, and it will reply accordingly. However, during my testing, Claude frequently hallucinated and spat gibberish.
Apart from that, the best thing about Claude is that it is free to use during the beta period and there are no restrictions. All you have to do is create a free Slack account and workspace, add the Claude app to the workspace, and you’re good to go. Also, Anthropic says that Claude “can access certain links that you share with him‘ and ask questions from that particular webpage. However, in our testing, the feature didn’t work as intended. Frequently, answers were cited that were outside the scope of the articles we provided. However, if you are looking for other chatbots like ChatGPT and are interested in using Claude, follow the instructions below.
1. If you don’t have a Slack account, go to this link and create one for free.
2. After that, open this link and Add the Claude app to your Slack account.
3. Once you’ve authorized Claude, open Slack and go to the “applications“ section in the lower left corner. From here, click on “Clade” to open a new 1-on-1 chat window. You can now direct your questions to Claude in Slack.
4. Even in group conversations and channels this is possible Tag @claude and ask questions. It replies in a thread viewable by others in the conversation. That’s pretty cool, isn’t it? Note that you cannot tag Claude or ask questions in private DMs.
5. Although Claude says it can only converse in English, I tried asking questions in Italian and Hindi and it answered quite well. You can try using Claude in your native language and see if it works. OpenAI’s latest GPT-4 model, for those who don’t know, can answer your question in 26 languages.
6. If you don’t want to use Slack, you can Request access to use Claude on Anthropic’s website by filling out the form here.
Use Anthropic Claude on Nat.dev
In our article on how to use ChatGPT 4 for free, we mentioned that OpenPlayground (nat.dev) lets you play with different AI models from different companies. It also includes AnthropicAI’s Claude model, and you can use it to explore the model and compare it to other competitors. However, keep in mind that the service is no longer free and you are encouraged to donate $5 to cover balloon ride costs. So yes, if you are interested in testing Claude with other LLM models like ChatGPT, you can certainly give it a try.
1. Open nat.dev from this link and create one free account.
2. After that select “claude-v1.2‘ as ‘model’ in the top right corner.
3. Next, click the top up button on the top right corner and Buy $5 in credits to maintain the functionality of the website. Your support can help many people try several new LLM models before purchasing a subscription or developing products.
4. Finally you can chat with claudio and test drive the model to learn more about its capabilities.
ChatGPT rival Claude is now available
So these are the two ways to use ChatGPT rival Claude right now. For the most part, I’m pretty impressed with Claude’s skills and how they compare to ChatGPT. However, the hallucination sometimes gets worse and begins to make up strange information unrelated to the subject. But I’m sure it will get better with time. Anyway, if you want to run a ChatGPT-like LLM offline on your PC, follow our detailed tutorial. And to learn the differences between Google Bard and Bing Chat, we have created a comprehensive article. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.