How to watch the NCAA Tournament on Sunday: Games to watch, tip times and more
A No. 16 attempting to be the first to make the Sweet 16 and some traditional powers — Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan State — headline the Sunday list as the men’s NCAA tournament concludes the second round. Here’s what you need to know:
The full schedule of Sunday’s NCAA tournament
(All times ET)
- No. 3 Xavier vs. No. 11 Pittsburgh | 12:10 p.m. | CBS
- No. 3 Kansas State vs. No. 6 Kentucky | 2:40 p.m. | CBS
- No. 2 Marquette vs. No. 7 Michigan State | 5:15 p.m. | CBS
- No. 4 Connecticut vs. No. 5 Saint Mary’s | 6:10 p.m. | TNT
- No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 6 Creighton | 7:10 p.m. | TBS
- No. 9 Florida Atlantic vs. No. 16 Fairleigh Dickinson | 7:45 p.m. | TruTV
- No. 4 Indiana vs. No. 5 Miami (Fla.) | 8:40 p.m. | TNT
- No. 3 Gonzaga vs. No. 6 TCU | 9:40 p.m. | TBS
Follow the athlete‘s live coverage of the second round of the NCAA tournament.
games to watch
#3 Kansas State vs. #6 Kentucky – Odds (via BetMGM): Kentucky -2.5 | ML-150 | O/U 144.5
These are teams No. 23 and 24 in the country according to KenPom’s rankings, so it’s an even matchup on paper. 5-foot-8-point Kansas State guard Markquis Nowell topped the stats list with 17 points, 14 assists, six rebounds and three steals in the Wildcats’ first-round win over Montana State. Kentucky star Oscar Tshiebwe had 25 rebounds against Providence, the most by any player in an NCAA tournament game since 1977. K-State was the worst defensive rebound team in the Big 12.
No. 2 Marquette vs. No. 7 Michigan State Odds (via BetMGM): Marquette -2.5| ML-145 | O/U 140.5
the athleteMichigan’s Bracket Breakers model gives each team the best chance at an upset Sunday. The Spartans are the most accurate 3-point shooting team left in the tournament, taking 39.4 percent of their shots from long range. Marquette’s 78-61 win over Vermont brought Dürren to both the program and the coach: it was the Golden Eagles’ first tournament since 2013, as did Shaka Smart, who hasn’t had success since his time at VCU in March .
No.9 Florida Atlantic vs. No.16 Fairleigh Dickinson – Odds (via BetMGM): FAU -15.5 | ML-1200 | O/U 149.5
A great story will reach the Sweet 16 either way. With a win on Sunday, Fairleigh Dickinson would move from the last team in the field — 68th at full seeding — to the Sweet 16’s game at Madison Square Garden, about 15 miles from the team’s Hackensack, NJ arena Florida Atlantic, meanwhile, won his first NCAA tournament game against Memphis on Friday to improve to 32-3 and continue the best season in program history.
Fairleigh shocking: How the Knights of FDU became the second 16 seeds to beat a No. 1
NBA draft prospects to watch
- Cason Wallace, Kentucky guard (vs. Kansas State, 2:40 p.m. ET on CBS)
- Jordan Hawkins, UConn Wing (vs Saint Mary’s, 6:10pm ET on TNT)
- Keyonte George, Baylor guard (vs Creighton, 7:10 p.m. ET on TBS)
- Jalen Hood-Schifino, Indiana wing (vs. Miami, 8:40 p.m. ET on TNT)
- Colby Jones, Xavier Guard/Wing (vs. Pittsburgh, 12:10 p.m. ET on CBS)
(Photo: Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)