The Patriots go 7-6 into Week 15 and hold the seventh and final AFC playoff berth. The Raiders, meanwhile, are 5-8 and need to win to keep their slim playoff chances alive. Both teams could use a win as the NFL regular season draws to a close. The kickoff in Las Vegas is coming up 4:05 p.m. ET (1:05 p.m. PT) on Fox.
The game will continue to be televised in the New England and Las Vegas areas (according to 506 Sports).services, but there may be instances where you get blocked due to internet location error or you just want an extra layer of . There is an option that does not require a subscription, e.g or or search the web for a sketchy site: you can use a virtual private network, or .
Here’s how you can watch the game from anywhere in the US with a VPN.
Patriots vs. Raiders: when and where?
In Week 15 of the NFL season, the Raiders host the Patriots at 1:05 p.m. PT (4:05 p.m. ET) on Sunday. The game will take place at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada.
How to watch Patriots vs. Raiders game online from anywhere with a VPN
If you find that you are unable to play the game due to, you may need another way to watch the game and this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speed on game day by encrypting your traffic. Also, it’s a great idea when you’re on the go and feel connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy to your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to gain access to the game. So if your ISP or cellphone provider assigned you an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can fix this problem by assigning you an IP address in your correct non-blackout zone. Most VPNs, like oursmake it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you are streaming. You should make sure your VPN is set up correctly to avoid leaks: even if VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of people it believes are bypassing blackout restrictions applied correctly.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great onesis happening right now.
ExpressVPN is our current top VPN choice for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a wide range of devices. It usually costs $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access — that’s $6.67 a month — if you purchase an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Live stream of the game Patriots vs. Raiders in USA
This week’s Patriots Raiders game is on Fox, so in addition to a VPN set to an area where the game is running (see tips below), you’ll need awhich carries a local Fox affiliate that airs the game. The cheapest service of this type is Sling TV Blue.
Among the live TV streaming services that broadcast local Fox stations, Sling TV Blue is the cheapest at $40 per month.
One important caveat: In our experience, local Fox affiliates are only available if your billing address is within one of the 18 metro areas covered by Sling’s agreement. If you are outside of one of these areas, it is probably better to use one of the alternative services listed below.
Numerous othersalso carry local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Sling TV, but also carry more channels, including football-specific channels like Fox, ESPN, NFL Network, and/or RedZone. Check out ours for details.
Quick tips for streaming Patriots vs. Raiders with a VPN
- Because there are four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN — experience and success may vary.
- Sling Blue is only an option if the ability to get local Fox affiliates is active in your account. You may want to verify that your billing address is eligible for this option before setting your credit card.
- We successfully tested the game with an ExpressVPN server in San Francisco, so that location for watching the game should work.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try the “Browse by city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file for your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that every device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main page to quickly install the VPN on your router. In some cases, after installing a cable network sports app, Smart TV services will ask you to confirm a numeric code or click a link that will be sent to your email address associated with your Smart TV is deposited. Having a VPN on your router also helps here as both devices seem to be in the right place.
- And remember that despite using a VPN, browsers can often reveal a location, so make sure you’re using a privacy-friendly browser to log into their services. We usually recommend .
Here’s how we test VPN streaming for Sunday NFL games
For each game, we use a combination of ExpressVPN and either Paramount Plus (for CBS games) or Sling TV Blue (for Fox games). Using 506 Sports’ maps, we determine which servers are nearby, connect to one, then start the streaming service and tune in to the local CBS or Fox affiliate. If the channel comes through, it’s successful and we’ll report the results above. We also take screenshots of the relevant program guide listings (above) on either the local CBS affiliate website or on Sling TV.