Pokémon GO Fest reaches its finale tomorrow (August 28) with a series of one-day events ensuring the celebrations end with a bang. Perhaps the biggest of these events will be the arrival of four Ultra Beast Pokémon, which will make their way into five-star Raid Battles throughout the day.
To spread the news of this upcoming event, the official Pokémon GO Twitter Account has released a series of found-footage-style trailers showing Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree appearing and wreaking havoc in urban areas around the world.
The videos all lead into tomorrow’s Pokémon GO Fest finals, where Ultra Beast Incursion will be available to players around the world.
Pokémon GO Fest 2022 Ultra Beasts Guide
Arriving later in the day, you can take on each of the Ultra Beasts featured above in four individual five-star Raid Battles. You don’t have to worry about time zone differences either, as beast battles are based on local time rather than global unison – giving those playing with friends in different zones an extra chance to catch the Ultra Beasts.
Release times of Pokémon GO Ultra Beasts
According to a post from The Pokémon Company, the beasts will arrive at the following times:
- Pheromosa – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
- Buzzwole – 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m
- Xurkitree – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Nihilego – 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m
Pokémon GO Ultra Beasts – How to catch them
The company has also released four helpful guides on how to take on Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Nihilego, which we recommend reading through if you’re looking to head into battle prepared.
However, for those looking for a quick recap, check out our handy type comparison below:
|pheromoses||bugs/fights||Fire, Flying, Psychic, Fairy||Shadow Charizard, Pidgeot, Gallade|
|buzz||bugs/fights||Fire, Flying, Psychic, Fairy||Lugia, Sylveon, Moltres|
|xurki tree||electric||floor||Groudon, Flygon, Garchomp|
|Nihlego||stone/poison||Water, Ground, Psychic, Steel||Blastoise, Excadrill, Mewtwo|
The Ultra Beast Raid battles are available to all players, along with a chance to participate in a short Special Research story. However, there is a chance to unlock even more features that day, available with the purchase of a GO Fest 2022 Finale ticket. Tickets cost $10.99 (or local equivalent) in the in-game shop and give you access to the following goodies:
- Access to three additional research stories with a chance to earn in-game items, unique avatar items, and a Sky Forme Shaymin encounter.
- Possible encounters with Shiny Unown N and Unown X for the first time in Pokémon GO.
- Spin Photo Discs at Gyms for up to nine daily Raid Passes to be used on Personal Raids.
- An additional 5,000 XP for winning Personal Raids.
- Incense sticks activated during the event last for two hours and can attract additional Pokémon such as Unown, Torkoal, Tropius, and more.
- 1/2 hatching distance for eggs placed in incubators during the event.
- Starting at 10:00, trainers who have caught Sky Forme Shaymin can change it to Land Forme Shaymin and vice versa.
- An increased chance of encountering Shiny Pokémon.
For detailed information on what to expect during the day, how to take on the Ultra Beasts, and where to redeem your event tickets, see the news post on the Pokémon official site.
Will you be attending the Pokémon GO Fest finals? Let us know in the comments!